Designer: Spirit’s Crochet
The pattern is created from left to right. The 1st Chain 1 or 2 is not counted as a stitch. The pattern can be adjusted height wise by increasing or decreasing the initial Foundation Single Crochet by two. As written the headband will measure 5 ½ by 21 inches.
Abbreviations and Stitches
- Chain – CH
- Double Crochet – DC
- Foundation Single Crochet – FSC.
- Third Loop Double Crochet – TLDC (See figure below)
- Third Loop Single Crochet – TLSC
- Half Double Crochet – HDC
- Single Crochet – SC
- Yarn Over – YO
- Bobble Stitch – BS – *YO, insert hook in stitch, YO pull through stitch, YO pull through 2 loops* 4 times, pull through five loops on the hook.
4 x 4 inches = 14 FSC x 8 Rows
- CH2, 20 FSC, CH 2
- 1 DC in 1st stitch, skip stitch *BS, CH 1, skip stitch* repeat until 2 stitches remain, 1 DC in the last 2 stitches. CH 2 (8 BS)
- 1 DC in each stitch CH 2 (20 DC)
- DC in 1st stitch, TLDC in each stitch until 2 stitches remain, 1 DC in last 2 stitches, CH 1
- 1 SC in each stitch CH 2 (20 SC)
- Repeat Row 2 to 5 seven more times.
- Repeat Row 2 and 3 one more time. It should end with a row of DCs.
- Fold the headband where the inside is facing out. Sew the ends together using the TLSC stitch. This will allow for a seamless look when worn.
- Weave in the ends.
TLDC Example of the third Loop location
I hope you enjoyed this pattern. If you have any issues or concerns, I can be reached at email@example.com